September 5th: Saturday Bits and Pieces
Hundley21 has been doing a nice job covering the news this week while I was on vacation and about to start my first job out of college. Unemployment inches forward to 10% with Labor Day coming up and wouldn’t you like to be Stephen Strasburg in this economy signing a $15.1 Million deal with the Nats less than a month ago. But according to TMZ, Strasburg won’t be popping bottles just yet. In any case, let’s see what’s been going on in the world of sports. Are you excited? Because it look like Doc Rivers is!
- During a soccer match, Marcin Wasilewski of Anderlecht tried to sweep the ball but watch what actually happened to his leg. You be the judge what’s worse, this or Willis McGahee’s injury.
- Is Shaq gay? You say no, but why is he spanking a grown ass man? Maybe to get more publicity because he doesn’t have enough of that.
- Erin Andrews is will appear on Oprah 9/11 to talk about the nude hotel tapes. Two words： who cares.
- Speaking of Erin Andrews, who is she? If you work for People magazine, you wouldn’t know.
- In this economy, even athletes are doing whatever it takes to make a little on the side. Just check out these IHOP ads with Donovan McNabb and Larry Fitzgerald.
- Brett Favre is fined $10,000 for crackback block. When your age is starting to take its toll, the only choice is to be dirty.
- After all this time, Dirk’s ex fiancee who is now in jail is actually not even pregnant! After claiming that the baby is Norwitzki is the father, she is now left with an empty uterus.
- Who says chess players don’t party. Check out Vladislav Tkachiev who show up to his match drunk.
- Remember David Tyree，the hero of the superbowl for the Giants? He gets dropped from the team after the pre-season. The best part of this story is actually the dazed and confused picture here.
- And now some real world news. Allen Stanford, the disgraced financier and CEO of Stanford Fanancial, is one weird guy. He one ups Bernie Madoff by going through a blood ritual with his Chief Banking supervisor