August 28th: Friday Bits and Pieces
Lebron heads off to China like every other NBA player during the off season. In this picture he is seen either trying to bring back a Chinese girl to the U.S. or scouting for new basketball talent. Let see what we have going on around the sports and “real” world this week.
- Tim Donaghy, the NBA official with a gambling problem, is thrown back in jail for violating his probation. There’s no details but we suspect he was on the wrong side of the Brett Favre bet.
- Little league baseball may not be plagued by the steroids of the pros but the kids talk some tough strategy. This kid was caught on live television asking the coach if he can hit the batter. Keeping it classy.
- Frank Mir is back in the media saying Brock Lesnar would beat Fedor. No, scratch that crush Fedor. Look Mir, just because you got your ass kicked by Lesnar doesn’t mean Lesnar is the best fighter out there. Lesnar should learn how to beat dyslexia first.
- Michael Crabtree’s agent begins to turn on him by saying Crabtree is the reason for the holdout, not him. If I was a betting man, I’d say this is the making of the next Mike Williams.
- A-Rod will make 100 grand in 6 pitches while Federer has to play 28 games. In real life, A-Rod would be a lawyer while Federer is the house gardener.
- Although I just graduated from USC, I will be donating money to the football team anytime in the future. Watch this video and tell me why the players are begging you for money like children from a third world country when the program generates 31 million dollars a year in revenue.
- Stanford football coach Jim Harbough got a $50,000 gift and discovered that it was a new bathroom! In this economy, it’s almost as outrageous as ex-CEO of Merrill Lynch John Thain’s $87,000 rug in his office.
- This crazy F1 car is made all from bread. Michael Schumacher could do some deed driving this to a third world country.
- Charles Barkley can’t get over his ugly golf swings. So he finally tries the one hander and it works! Is this worst than Adam Sandler in Happy Gilmore?
- Look, the last time I checked, it was not “cool” to get an STD. I don’t know who did this study, but Chlamydia definitely will not make me feel “manly”.