August 21: Friday Bits and Pieces
This was a pretty inactive week for sports gossip. Not too much has happened besides Plaxico’s sentencing, Nate Robinson’s arrest and a couple more here and there. In economic news, Sears the retailer post a $93 Million loss. With ads like the one above, are you surprised that the company is losing money? Here’s the news around the web on Friday:
- Jeremy Shockey gets into it with a Houston’s DeMeco Ryans during a preseason scrimmage. Even with Shockey’s white trash mentality, I will put money on Ryans to beat him up.
- Big Ben Roethlisberger hurts his right Achilles tendon during camp. After starring in Shaq Vs., I wonder if everyone who appears on that show will have a Madden like curse.
- Ocho Cinco kicks the PAT and it’s good! Chad Johnson will be starting at quarterback next week.
- Ex-Angel Scott Spiezio is winning the war with booze (maybe an AA club should be started with Josh Hamilton). It’s safe to conclude that baseball’s drug of choice is alcohol and steroids. For the NBA, one word: Weed.
- This story broke earlier this week, but Erin Andrews is featured in some sexy GQ photos. These were taken before the whole peekhole scandal. Nevertheless, it gives a whole different meaning to girl caught with the entire football team in the locker room.
- Zach Randolph was hungry and attacked a man at a pizza joint . I thought he was used to the idea of losing games.
- O.J. Mayo was accused of buying custom jewelery in excess of $150,000 and never paying for them. Unlike the other O.J., this one still has some money left in the bank. Did he think USC was going to pick up the tabs on this one as well?
- Are people taking fantasy football way too seriously. Now there’s a company that insures in case a player gets hurt. What’s next, credit default swaps?
- Pretty funny if you’ve seen the Goodfellas. This is a spoof of a scene in the movie involving Goldman Sachs.