August 18th: Tuesday Bits and Pieces
- Landon Donovan has the Swine Flu from playing in a World Cup qualifying soccer match in Mexico City. Turns out the H1N1 is more serious than anyone would have thought. How ironic that David Beckham wasn’t the one to catch it considering England’s cases is at a all time high.
- Other Swine Flu Victims include the Duke Football Team. Just when they were going to be a decent team.
- Rodney King from the L.A. riots in the early 1990’s is scheduled for a fight against a cop. My question is why don’t we have the event be more realistic with cop cars in the background with tasers and pepper spray readily available.
- This crash of a coyote makes Michael Vick look like a left wing animal rights activist. How the hell did this happen?
- Is Brett Farve going to make one more comeback? What the hell is wrong with him? The NFL needs to adopt a no Brett Farve rule.
- The New Jersey Nets are really trying to get fans into the arena. That’s why they’re offering reversable jerseys of a Nets player on one side and an NBA all star player on the other. We call this package the studs and duds ticket package. Oh and if you wait long enough on that webpage, there’s a horribly fake and photoshopped “customer service” picture of Devin Harris. You’ll see.
- On the issue of bad jerseys, check out the UFL ones. Between the Lingerie League and UFL, I’m willing to bet my money that the former last longer and will have better jerseys than the UFL.
- Greg Paulus is playing football again. This time he can’t flop like its his job in Syracuse.
- Report says 40% of Twitter is “pointless” babble. Really? Gee I thought Twitter was meaningful.
- Woman is pregnant with 12 babies. Rick Pitino proceeded to offer to abort all babies.