Saturday Bits and Pieces
We kick off another edition of Bits and Pieces on some positive news. Unemployment rate dropped for the first time yesterday to 9.4%, everyone declares that the recession is over. Life must be good…right?
- The Arena Football League (AFL ) is no more after sinking into a $14 million debt hole with a private equity injection falling through last year from Platinum Equity. Most of the teams are losing money and although the league hasn’t folded completely, it’s safe to say the recession is affecting everyone. So much for ESPN hyping up Arena Football with their small equity stake.
- This brings back so much memories. I quote Charles Barkley, “Yao Ming will not score more than 19 points in a game” during his rookie season. The Chinese obviously thinks Barley is an idiot and made this cartoon to demonstrate their anger.
- Some UFC fighters are just insane. Former champ Andrei Arlovski claimed to have first played Russian Roulette when he was just 16 and again when he was 30. Should there be a Russian Roulette league?
- Worst NBA player in the world would have Chris Anderson’s hair, Amare Stoudamire’s eyes etc. and the final picture result would be this.
- Woman marries amusement park ride. She rode it all night long during her honeymoon. Too many jokes to go around.
- Another reason the government is bullshit. Just check out what types of cars people buy in Cash for Clunkers