How the Recession is Hitting Sports Part 2
After doing some digging around, I’ve discovered that a lot of teams are already advertising on their jerseys. Shock and surprised, aren’t you?
So here are the top 5 ads that have been incorporated into jerseys.
5. This is back in 1998, I can’t believe no one noticed what was on Sammy’s Cubs shirt. What a shame!
4. The Rockets is helping Ron promote a movie that is 6 years old. Of course, Artest most shameful advertisement is promoting his CD the day after beating the crap out of a fan.
3. Everyone likes McDonalds. But only one player is man enough to ask the Celtics to sponsor the company on the jersey. Glen “Big Baby” Davis, you are not only fat, you are obese.
2. Travis Henry claimed he fathered 9 babies by 9 different women to ESPN Outside the Lines. That’s until a woman called the station to claim she has twins by Henry. When the DNA is a match, Henry is speechless. Looks like he did not take advantage of his corporate sponsorship.
1. Reigning in at number 1 is no other than “Sir” Charles Barkley. An 11 time all star with multiple arrests, Barkley sure isn’t getting any younger. Also the drinking and gambling problem is hitting his pockets really hard. No wonder he needs sponsorships of his own even after he retired.