September 20th: Sunday Bits and Pieces
Michael Jordan was inducted to the Hall of Fame just little over a week ago and now look at all the memorabilia that are popping up everywhere. At one point, I also thought Jordan’s number was “32″. Let’s review some of the highlights of sports culture this week.
- Is Michael Jordan broke? There’s a bunch of his stuff being auctioned off. $5500 for an Olympics identification badge? This is still a recession right?
- Steve Nash teams up with 50 Cent to do some cheesy Vitamin Water infomercial. Shaq will most likely steal Nash’s thunder and shoot a remix of the commercial. Shaq Vs. Vitamin Water.
- How does it feel when the catcher tries to get to your nuts? Just get Gordon Beckham.
- Eric Mangini sure knows how to teach his players a “lesson”. After a player failed to pay for a $3 bottle of water, Mangini fined him $1,701 for this costly mistake. This once again proving just because you have the black AMEX doesn’t mean you’re willing to use it.
- Lamar Odom proposed to Khloe Kardashian after knowing for about 2 months. The couple will get married this Sunday. Like all good LA stories, this one will end in divorce with in he said she said.
- Linda McMahon is planning on running for the senate seat in Connecticut challenging Chris Dodd and Peter Schiff. If her last name sounds familiar is because her husband is involved in WWE. Yeah that “fake” wrestling organization.
- Native Americans are not happy with the name Redskins and will challenge the name in court. They do kind of have a point. There’s no team called the Boston WASPs.
- Angel Villalona won’t be playing for the San Francisco Giants anytime soon. In fact, anytime can be described as 20 years in prison. The Giants prospect turned himself in for murdering a man in the Dominican Republic.
- Milton Bradley is suspended for the rest of the season after getting into a pissing match with the Daily Herold reporter. Is it any shock that the fans don’t like Bradley?
- Would you rob to pay off your mortgage? This man will.