Michael Vick is the most hated sports figure
A market research firm E-poll recently took a poll of the most hated athletes in sports. The group took the response of around 1,100 people who were 13 and over and asked them to rate controversial sports figures using a scale of “dislike some”, “dislike” or “dislike a lot”. Here are the results:
10. John McEnroe – Even after nearly 30 years, McEnroe is still hated. Just imagine if he had raped someone or taken steroids to go along with his image.
9. Nick Saban – Bounced out of the Dolphins after Alabama gave him a job…just after he said he wouldn’t. How many times does that happen in sports? ALL THE TIME.
8. Stephon Marbury – The media wants to destroy him because of the Knicks. Now he’s trying to tell his side of the story on JustinTV. You judge whether that’s a good idea or not.
7. Isiah Thomas – Hated when he played for the Pistons. Hated when he was the coach of the Knicks.
6. Allen Iverson – Perceived by many as too “hood” and too “real” by the average white American.
5. Kobe Bryant – The rape will just not go away even after the 81 point performance. Though this image doesn’t show up as the top 20 photos in Google images anymore.
4. Terrell Owens – The T.O. show will not help him with his image. The show is in one word: boring
3. Alex Rodriguez – Did you see Madonna’s arms? People tend to hate the athletes that get paid a lot of money and spend that money on steroids.
2. Manny Ramirez – Only the city that he plays for likes him. Pete Carroll is the exception.
1. Michael Vick – The most hated sports figure is Michael Vick. This is understandable since he killed dogs. But the media has bashed him to the point that they want him to not continue living.
Who is the one person that I’m surprised that was left out on this list? Ron Artest! Doesn’t anyone remember him beating up fans?